June 20–24, 2022
for rising first–sixth graders
Registration Goes Live Online on Wednesday, March 23, and Closes on Sunday, April 24.
Camp JAM (Jesus, Arts, & More) combines the best of SAPC’s past Music & Arts Camp and Vacation Bible School to minister to the whole child, training them to apply the gifts, talents, and abilities that God has blessed each of them with, so that they may be bright lights for Christ through their thoughts, actions, work, and play.
This year, our theme is “I Wonder…” We will be using Psalm 40:5 as our main verse.
“Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us.”
Kids will learn from God’s Word about early church leaders Paul, Peter, John, and Timothy, who helped the first Jesus-followers wonder what made their stories unique, what gifts God gave them (and how they could use those gifts to serve), what they could learn from others, and how they could spend time with God.
Camp JAM will take place Monday-Friday, June 20-24, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the church campus. Lunch is included! Children may be dropped off as early as 8:45 a.m. and must be picked up no later than 1:45 p.m. ALSO, plan to join us on Friday at 12 p.m. for our Showcase!
Rising 1st & 2nd graders are grouped together in color groups, which each have their own Bible, Choir, Hands-On, Movement, and Music classes. (They will also enjoy some free-play time on the playground.) These campers do not choose their own classes.
Rising 3rd-6th Graders will take Bible and Choir, and one class from each of the following categories:
Each student will take one class per category. When registering, please be prepared to indicate (in order of preference) his or her top three (3) preferred classes for each category. (In case a camper’s most-preferred option is not available, we will place them in their second most-preferred option, etc.) Class placement will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be determined by class schedules, class-size limitations, and teacher availability. Though every effort will be made, exact placement cannot be guaranteed.
CLASSES FOR RISING 3RD–6TH GRADERS
Select your top three choices for each area before beginning registration.
- Bucket Drumming – Have fun learning how to play different beats on buckets and take home your very own drumsticks!
- Guitar – Learn the basics and a song or two in just one week! This class is designed for students with NO previous experience.
- Handbells – Strike a song with the flick of your wrist! Ring out a tune & learn a touch of music theory.
- Ukulele – Learn the basics and a song or two in just one week. No previous experience required.
- Very Beginning Piano – Learn the basics of tickling the ivories! This class is for those with absolutely ZERO (0!) previous instrument experience.
- Violin – You CAN make the strings sing! This class is designed for students with no previous experience.
- CrossStick – Use dowel rods, creative movement, and dance to tell a story to music.
- Dance – This high-energy class lets you move to the rhythm of the music!
- Drama – Take to the stage! Learn the basics of stage movement and acting.
- Indoor Sports – Learn about and play a variety of sports that are played indoors like broom hockey and curling.
- Field Sports – Learn about and play a variety of outdoor team sports such as ultimate frisbee and kickball.
- Karate – Learn basic USK karate and build life skills in a fun, disciplined atmosphere. No previous experience required.
- Stomp & Beatball – Use your own body and everyday objects (like brooms, trashcans, and basketballs) to create rhythm! Be part of this special band.
- Art – Come explore the various mediums of art and create your own masterpieces!
- Cooking – Learn basic cooking skills, including measuring and following simple recipes. Everyone will make a yummy concoction to enjoy! (Note: We are a nut-free facility.)
- Jewelry Making – Have fun creating one-of-a-kind artwork that you can wear.
- Pottery – Enjoy learning the basics of pottery and making your own creation.
- Sewing – Learn the basics of sewing and stitch your way to creativity.
- Wonder Science Lab – Come discover, explore, and participate in fun experiments.
- Woodworking – Put your hands to good use! Learn the basics of building and creating with wood.
Camp begins at 9:00 a.m. and carpool dismissal is at 1:30 p.m.
The day will also include:
- Opening: Skit, Memory Verse, Group Worship
- Classes: Bible and Choir, plus one each—Hands-On, Music, and Movement
- Spotlight: Presentation Time
Registration costs $25 for the week and includes a T-shirt, lunch, and all supplies needed. Registration occurs online and requires a debit or a credit card. If you need to pay by another means, please contact our office for instructions. Registrations are not held until BOTH a registration form and payment are received in our offices. Registration fee is non-refundable.
Registration forms submitted after Camp JAM registration is either closed (April 24) or filled will be given the option of being placed on a waiting list. There is no fee to be placed on the waiting list and the registration fee is not charged until placement can be verified.
Questions? Contact Jeanette, Director of Children’s Ministry at email@example.com or 803-732-2273.
REGISTRATION OPENS ON WEDNESDAY MARCH 23, AND CLOSES ON SUNDAY, APRIL 24.
HOW TO REGISTER
When you click the Register button below, you will need to sign into your account or create one. If you do not have an SAPC account, you will only need to supply your name, email address, and mobile phone number to create your account.
If you have an account, you may already be signed in. If you see your name at the bottom right where the LOGIN button would be, you are already signed in! Simply complete the form.
If you need to sign into your account, simply click on the LOGIN button and input your email address, mobile number, or username + your password.
If you need to create an account, click on the LOGIN button, then click on SIGN UP:
Then complete the simple form and press CREATE ACCOUNT.
Need help creating an account? Email Jomona at firstname.lastname@example.org.