Tom and Lucy Wright
Tom & Lucy are missionaries with Mission to the World. Tom grew up in State College, PA and got his BS from Penn State Univ, and an MD from Temple Medical School. During his time in medical school Tom felt the call to the mission field. After completing a surgery residency, he enrolled at CIU to get further biblical and ministry training prior to going to the field. It was there that he met his wife Lucy. Lucy grew up in Albany, GA and got her BSN from U of GA and MCG nursing school. Through a couple of short-term missions trips to Uganda, Lucy felt a call to missions which led her to CIU as well. There she studied Christian Ed and ESL. After getting married in 1986 and raising support, they left in 1988 for the mission field.
They lived for 25 years in West Africa. Initially they where they were involved in a church planting ministry among M*lims in Ivory Coast. They had the privilege of seeing 3 churches get planted primarily of those from a M*lim background. They had to evacuate in 2004 due to civil war. They returned to the States where Tom completed an M Div from CIU and in 2006 they returned to West Africa, moving to Senegal where they were involved in training of pastors and pastors’ wives, as well as ministry to M*lim university students. They have 2 married daughters Lisa (27) and Emily (25) who were both born and grew up in West Africa. Tom now has an itinerant pastoral training ministry in the francophone world in Africa and Haiti. Although he has taught a variety of courses over the years, he has in recent years focused mostly on teaching 2 courses on Biblical Leadership, which he is also putting into book and digital form. Lucy has taught English to internationals and also teaches Christian dance fitness, including classes at SAPC. They are based in West Columbia, SC.
1. For Haiti—for provision, rebuilding, hope and spiritual renewal
2. For God to use the BL2 course (Aug 18-22) in the lives and ministries of those attending
3. For protection, wisdom and encouragement for Bishara
4. For Lisa’s pregnancy—safe & healthy pregnancy, delivery and healthy baby
1. For the opportunity to go to the Dominican Republic to teach, despite the continued international struggle with Covid
2. For Lisa and Jarrett’s baby
3. For continued progress working on the second Biblical Leadership book