Jonathan and Leah Jakes
Jonathan and Leah believe God knew, loved, and enjoyed them, and all of His children, before the foundation of the world. By God’s grace, they were born into Christian families, raised in the Church, and captivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Despite their sin, brokenness, and shame God is transforming Jonathan and Leah for His glory, joy, and will.
When they graduated from College in 2008, God brought Jonathan and Leah together through their local church in Atlanta, Georgia. They married in 2010. Then, Jonathan and Leah moved to Saint Louis, Missouri to attend Covenant Theological Seminary. During their years in seminary, Jonathan and Leah have been actively working and serving in their local church. They welcomed Jude in 2013 and Jubilee in 2017. Leah graduated with a Master of Arts in Counseling in 2015. Jonathan graduated with a Master of Divinity and a Master of Arts in Counseling in 2019. Jonathan became an Ordained Pastor in the Presbyterian Church in American (PCA) in 2020. Jonathan and Leah are seeking to become Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC). They joyfully desire to share God’s grace through Jesus Christ with people in every nation, generation, and situation.
Since they were children, Jonathan and Leah have sensed God calling them into full-time, long-term, cross-cultural ministry. In connection with the local church, they hope to serve through neighboring, counseling, and discipling within various unreached people groups in London, England. Please join them in praying Psalm 107:20-22, “He sent out His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction. Let them thank the LORD for His steadfast love, for His wondrous works to the children of humankind. Let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of His works in songs of joy.”
1. Please pray for God to remove/reduce Jonathan’s brain tumor.
2. Please pray for God to resolve our leaking bathroom pipes.
3. Please pray for God to bless our counseling ministry and counseling supervision.
4. Please praise God for connecting us with more neighbors.
5. Please pray for God to captivate all these families we are meeting from club and school.
6. Please pray for God to encourage the discipleship of a man called “Gold” and empower the conversion of a man called “Gentle.”
7. Please praise God the virus is being treated and the governmental restrictions are being lifted.