Women’s Ministry Objectives
We desire to
- Use our gifts to see the women of SAPC grow in their relationships with God and one another.
- Help others recognize their gifting or facilitate the use of their gifts within the church.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, and carrying out of growth classes and special events, to further SAPC’s worship flow of connect, grow, and serve.
- Monthly one-hour meetings (First Night), additional meetings as needed (mostly over zoom) for special events.
- Be involved to the extent that we are able to be, based on our state of life, work, and family responsibilities.
Staff Contact: Lizzie Goodwin
First Night Meeting Time 2:00p | Room 301
Missions Team Objectives
- Coordinate, and head the efforts of the great commission at SAPC.
- Pray for our missionaries and outreach events.
- Administer funds entrusted to us through faith mission giving including evaluating new candidates.
- Set up and facilitate short term missions journeys as well as outreach events and encourage church membership to participate.
- Communicate to the church and leadership about missions and outreach happenings while being a conduit for our church to our missionary partners.
Staff Contact: Marc Rattray
First Night Meeting Time 3:30p | Room 301
Children’s Ministry Team Responsibilities
We realize the tremendous privilege to reach, teach, and spread the love of Jesus to others and to continue to share the Gospel Across the Street, Across the Country, and Across the World.
• Assist the Director of Children’s Ministry in carrying out the philosophy and vision of SAPC.
• Provide insight and feedback in all aspects of the Children’s Ministry.
• Assist in implementing and planning all Children’s Ministry programming and events.
• Continually pray for our children, families, volunteers, schools, and community.
• Encourage and partner with our parents to help our children grow in faith and obedience and lead them to be the Church.
• Help our children and families to joyfully KNOW Jesus Christ, LOVE Him more, and SERVE Him better.
Staff Contact: Jeanette Simpson
First Night Meeting Time 4:00p | Room 102
Fellowship Team Objectives
• Plan and coordinate events where meals, food service, and hospitality take place.
• Organize and operate D-Night dinners.
• Coordinate funeral meals and provide volunteers to serve.
• Oversee the kitchen and Gathering Place.
• Maintain a contact list of volunteers to assist with events.
• Other examples of events this team manages include: Churchwide Christmas Lunch, Annual Picnic, covered-dish dinners, Hangings of the Green reception, Camp Jam lunches, Presbytery lunch, and special event receptions.
Staff Contact: Paul Reynolds
First Night Meeting Time 4:00p | Room 204
Prayer & Spiritual Formation Team Objectives
- Prayer is the pouring our hearts out before God in faith, through Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, for the things that God has promised and prescribed according to his word, for the glory of God and the good of his church, in submission to his will (with confession and thanksgiving).¹
- The purpose of this team is to mobilize members and attendees of SAPC to pray for the things of the kingdom.
- The team will coordinate regular and special prayer opportunities for people to pray corporately, as well as encourage the personal prayer lives of our members as part of growing deeper as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- The goal of the Prayer Mobilization Team is to help create the atmosphere at SAPC where kingdom focused prayer is a part of its very fabric and not merely an add-on.
¹ Cf. WSC 98; Bunyan, Prayer, 13.
- Spiritual Formation goals are to seek, by God’s grace, to help enfold and disciple members of SAPC, primarily through the areas of ‘connect’ and ‘grow’ in our Discipleship Flow.
- We will seek to connect people to the body through new member enfolding and community groups.
- We will seek the growth of our members through teaching, equipping, and seminary training, according to the word of God.¹
- These two overarching areas are ultimately related to one another.
- Our goal is to present everyone mature in Christ both, individually and corporately, as His disciples.²
¹ 2 Tim 3:16-17.
² Matt 28:18-20; Eph 4:11-12; Col 1:28-29; Heb 5:14.
Contact: Johnny Moore
First Night Meeting Time 5:00p | Room 206
Men’s Ministry Team
• The desire of the Men’s Ministry is to create an environment for men to come together, bond, and become equipped to become spiritual leaders in their home, church, and community.
Contact: Jody Mills
First Night Meeting Time 5:00p | Conference Room
Youth Ministry Team Responsibilities
• We work together to plan, coordinate, and execute all that goes on within the youth ministry. This includes; events throughout the year, youth music (praise team and choir), teaching plans for youth group and Sunday morning growth classes, serve opportunities, and various other things that happen in the ministry.
• We are always thinking and praying for ways to encourage the youth to serve the church and their community, connect with one another, and grow in their relationship with the Lord.
• This group of youth are the next generation. We think it is important to pour into them and help them maneuver through this stage of their life in a Christlike way.
If you have a heart for youth, no matter your age, pray about how you might be able to serve in this ministry.
Staff Contact: Rebecca Marchman
First Night Meeting Time 4:00p | Room 120 (Youth Area)
Worship Team Objectives
The Worship Team plans, coordinates, and carries out the worship and arts ministry of Saint Andrews.
- Provides greeters & ushers for weekly worship and other events.
- Coordinates weekly Sunday worship, special worship services, arts events, and sanctuary flowers.
- Facilitates weddings & funerals.
- Oversees musical ensembles, including choir, handbells, instrumentalists, children & youth choirs.
- Organizes drama & visual art ministry.
Staff Contact: Marc Rattray
First Night Meeting Time 5:00p | Room 301